Welcome to the world of uninterrupted music listening! 🎶 If your Spotify keeps pausing or stopping on Android or iOS, you’re in the right place. Dive in to find out why this is happening and how to troubleshoot this issue. Trust me; this article is a treasure trove of solutions you won’t want to miss.
Table of Contents
Why Does Spotify Keep Pausing Music on My Android or iPhone?
Let’s address the elephant in the room. Many users find their Spotify keeps pausing when streaming music or podcasts, particularly on Android.
- An unstable internet connection.
- Too many apps running in the background
- Corrupted app data.
- Outdated app version
- Device problems
- Battery saver mode
- Bluetooth connection issues.
- Audio output device issues
Also Check :
- How To Fix Why Spotify Keeps Stopping
- Spotify Keeps Stopping On My iPhone
- why does my Spotify keep stopping
How To Fix Spotify Keeps Stopping randomly Music ? 6 Ways to Fixes:
Step 1: Restart the Spotify App:
If Spotify starts acting up, one of the most common recommendations is to restart the app.
- On both iOS and Android, you can go to your recent apps and swipe away the Spotify app.
- Then, reopen it and see if it solves the problem.
- Restarting can refresh the app and solve the pausing issues you’re facing.
Step-2: Clearing Spotify Cache Help:
Yes, it does. Over time, the Spotify app cache can become cluttered and cause Spotify to see occasional hiccups like pausing.
- By clearing your cache, you’re essentially giving the app a fresh start.
- On your device, go to settings, find Spotify, and then choose the option to delete the app cache.
Step 3: Uninstall and Reinstall Spotify:
Sometimes, merely clearing the cache or restarting isn’t enough.
- If Spotify still keeps pausing, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify can give you a clean slate.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the app after reinstalling, as this can often fix any pausing issue.
Step-4: sign out of all devices :
If you suspect that your Spotify account might be in use on other devices, causing interruptions on your current device, it’s wise to sign out of all devices.
- Go to your Spotify account settings and choose the option to log out of all devices.
- Afterward, log into your Spotify account only on the device you’re using.
Step-5: Could Low Power Mode Be the Culprit:
Surprisingly, the low power mode setting on your device might be the reason that could cause Spotify to pause. This mode limits background processes to save battery, which can cause your Spotify to pause, especially if you switch to another app.
Step-6: Data Saver Mode Impact Spotify:
Like the low power mode, data saver mode can also affect your music streaming experience.
- If turned on, Spotify might pause or stop streaming if it detects that you’re not on a reliable Wi-Fi connection.
- You can go to settings and turn off data saver mode to prevent Spotify from pausing.
What are the Common Reasons for Spotify Randomly Stopping?
Several reasons can cause Spotify to randomly stop:
- Weak Wi-Fi or data connection
- Low memory space on your device
- Background apps interfering with Spotify
- Outdated version of the Spotify app
How To Fix Spotify Keeps Pausing Music or Stopping – Reddit :
- Check App Updates: Ensure your Spotify app is updated to the latest version.
- Wi-Fi vs. Mobile Data: Switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data to see if the issue is network-related.
- Clear Cache: Regularly clear your Spotify cache.
- Reinstall the App: If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify.
- Check Device Optimizations: Ensure Spotify isn’t being put to sleep by battery-saving features.
How To Fix Spotify Keeps Pausing Music or Stopping – iPhone :
- Update App: Check the App Store for any Spotify updates.
- Background Refresh: Ensure Spotify has Background App Refresh enabled in iOS settings.
- Clear Cache: Go to Spotify settings and clear cache.
- Reinstall: Delete and reinstall the Spotify app.
- Headphones: If using headphones, disconnect and reconnect to see if it resolves the issue.
How To Fix Spotify Keeps Pausing Music or Stopping – iOS :
- App Update: Always keep your Spotify app updated via the App Store.
- Background Mode: Make sure Spotify is allowed to work in the background.
- Restart Device: A simple restart of your iOS device can solve minor glitches.
- Reinstall Spotify: Remove and install again from the App Store.
- Network: Check if the issue persists on both Wi-Fi and cellular data.
How To Fix Spotify Keeps Pausing Music or Stopping – Android:
- Update Spotify: Keep your app updated via the Google Play Store.
- Battery Optimization: Ensure Spotify isn’t being optimized for battery saving, which might close it.
- Clear Cache: Clear Spotify cache from the app settings or Android settings.
- Reinstall: Delete and then reinstall Spotify from the Play Store.
- Permissions: Ensure Spotify has all the necessary permissions, especially for storage and network.
How To Fix Spotify Keeps Pausing or Stopping- iPhone:
- Network Check: Ensure a stable Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
- Background Refresh: Allow Spotify to refresh content in the background.
- Update the App: Always update to the latest Spotify version from the App Store.
- Restart iPhone: Turn off and turn on your iPhone to reset any temporary glitches.
- Reinstall Spotify: As a last resort, uninstall and download Spotify again from the App Store.
FAQs about Spotify Pausing and Stopping Issues:
Why does my Spotify stop when my phone locks?
- This could be due to power-saving modes or battery optimization settings on your device. Ensure that Spotify is set to run in the background when the phone is locked.
How can I prevent Spotify from using too much data?
- Spotify has a ‘Data Saver’ mode which reduces the quality of music, hence using less data. However, remember to turn it off if you experience playback interruptions.
My Spotify keeps pausing on my wireless headphones, why?
- Sometimes, the Bluetooth connection between devices can be unstable, leading to interruptions. Ensure your headphones’ firmware is updated, and if the problem persists, consider using wired headphones when listening to Spotify.
Will uninstalling Spotify delete my playlists?
- No, your playlists are tied to your Spotify account. When you reinstall the app and log in, you will still find all your playlists intact.
How often should I clear my Spotify cache?
- There’s no specific frequency, but it’s a good idea to clear it whenever you start experiencing repeated pausing or other unexpected behaviors.
Is the pausing issue more common on Android or iOS?
- While both platforms can experience this issue, many users have reported it on Android. However, the solutions provided can work for both systems.
The music streaming experience should ideally be smooth and uninterrupted. Spotify, as a leading music streaming service, offers a vast library of songs and podcasts, but like any other app, it’s not immune to glitches. Thankfully, many of the issues related to playback and pausing have straightforward fixes. By understanding potential causes and applying the suggested solutions, users can optimize their listening experience. Remember, technology isn’t perfect, but with a bit of troubleshooting, you can get back to enjoying your favorite tunes in no time. Until then, keep the music playing and your spirits high! 🎶🔧🔍🎵