If you’re like me, you listen to a lot of Spotify. And if you’re like me, you also have a lot of history on Spotify. But what if you want to clear your history? Here’s how!
Table of Contents
What is a podcast:
A podcast is a digital audio or video file that is available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player. It is usually released as a series of episodes that can be subscribed to by users.
How to clear your podcast history on Spotify:
From the desktop app, use either the left sidebar or top navigation to find Settings. On mobile, you’ll find Settings in the bottom-right corner.
- Click SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS and scroll down to find HISTORY SETTINGS.
- Here, you can delete your entire watch/listen to history, or just remove specific items.
- Deleting your entire watch/listen-to history will log you out of Spotify.
Also check: Remove Podcast From Spotify
Why you might want to clear your podcast history on Spotify:
Every time you finish listening to a podcast episode on Spotify, it gets added to your History. You can view your History by going to the Your Library tab and selecting History.
While it’s nice to have a record of everything you’ve listened to, sometimes you might want to clear out your history. Maybe you’re trying a new diet and want to remove all of the episodes about food from your history. Or maybe you just want to start fresh.
Whatever the reason, clearing your podcast history on Spotify is a quick and easy process. Here’s how:
- Open Spotify and go to the Your Library tab.
- Select History.
- Tap the Clear All button at the top of the screen.
- Confirm that you want to clear your history by tapping OK in the pop-up window.
And that’s all there is to it! Once you’ve cleared your history, any new episodes you listen to will not be added to your History unless you manually add them (by tapping the + button next to an episode).
How to delete individual podcasts from your Spotify history
You can easily delete any podcast from your Spotify history by following the steps below:
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad and tap the Library tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the burger menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select “History.”
- Tap “Delete” next to any podcast you want to remove from your history.
How to delete all podcasts from your Spotify history
If you’re keen to declutter your podcast feed and start fresh, here’s how to do it:
- First, go to the ‘Episodes’ tab in the main menu.
- Next, press the settings cog in the top-right corner.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select ‘Clear history’.
A pop-up will then appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete your entire Spotify podcast history. Press ‘OK’ and all of your previously played podcasts will be removed.
How to find and manage your Spotify podcast history:
If you want to take a trip down memory lane, or if you just want to see what you’ve been up to on Spotify, it’s easy to find and manage your Spotify history. Here’s how:
- First, open the Spotify app and tap on the Menu button in the top-left corner.
- Next, scroll down and tap on Settings.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on History.
Here you can see your recent playing history as well as your Podcast Play History. You can tap on any of these entries to go back and listen to them again. If you want to delete your history, simply tap on the Clear button at the bottom of the page.
Now that you know how to clear your search history on Spotify, you can start fresh with a new listening experience. Whether you want to keep your playlists private or just want to get rid of some of the older tracks you’ve been hanging onto, this guide will help you do it. Thanks for reading!