Have you ever experienced the frustration of opening up your favorite playlist on Spotify, hitting the play button, only to realize there’s no sound coming out of your device? It can be a real buzzkill, especially when you’re in the mood to groove to your favorite tunes. The good news is, there are a few quick and easy solutions to this issue. In this guide, we’ll take you through some simple troubleshooting steps to help you fix Spotify playing but no sound. Whether you’re using a mobile device or a computer, these tips can help you get back to enjoying your music in no time.
Table of Contents
What Causes Spotify No Sound:
Do you have no sound coming out of your Spotify app? This could be more pleasant! To fix it, you need to diagnose the issue first. Here are some possible causes:
- You might have disabled your audio device. Check if multiple audio devices are plugged in and select the correct one for sound output.
- You may need to adjust the app’s volume levels. Go to Spotify’s settings and make sure the volume slider is at max.
- Your audio driver or Windows/Mac Update may need updating. Run a recent Update and reinstall all audio drivers.
Also Check: How To Connect Spotify To Facebook Latest Update
How to Fix Spotify Playing but No Sound:
Is your Spotify playing, but you can’t hear any sound? It might be an issue with your audio settings, internet connection, device settings, or the app itself. We have some troubleshooting steps to help you get back to streaming your favorite tunes.
- Sound Settings: Check that your output audio is set correctly. Make sure the valuable device of choice is selected on the Spotify app. Mute or reduce the volume levels of other programs and applications running in the background.
- Internet Connection: A weak internet connection could be the issue. Refresh and restart your network connections. Adjust power saving mode too.
- Device Settings: For a computer or laptop, open ‘mmsys. Cpl’ in the Run window. Select ‘Playback devices’ from the Sound tab. Check the volume balance between playback devices. If they are enabled but a low volume balance remains, adjust the Volume Balance among listed channels.
- App Troubleshooting: Delete and reinstall the Spotify app. If this doesn’t work, contact customer support.
Spotify No Sound on Windows:
No sound when playing Spotify on Windows? It could be due to different causes.
- Go to Sound Settings in Windows 10 Control Panel to fix the issue.
- Select the device used, and make sure it’s the default one. Properties should be set up correctly.
- If extra drivers or software are needed, download them from the manufacturer’s website.
- After installation, test Spotify by playing a track.
- It should be audible through headphones, a 3.5mm jack cable, or Bluetooth.
Still no sound? Consult support documentation or contact customer service reps for advice tailored to your system specifications and hardware setup.
Spotify No Sound on Mac:
Is no sound coming from Spotify on your Mac? Frustrating, right? Let’s try to fix it.
- Double-check the volume level. Is it turned down? Make sure it’s loud enough to hear audio. If not, move on!
- Restart your Mac and relaunch Spotify. Still, needs to be fixed?
- Open System Preferences and go to the ‘Sound’ tab. Check that ‘internal speakers’ or ‘headphones’ (depending on your audio device) are selected in the Output tab. Still, needs to be fixed?
- Reset your router or modem.
- Finally, disconnect and reconnect your audio output from the USB ports. This can help.
- If something other than these steps work, contact customer service for assistance.
Spotify No Sound on iPhone And iPad:
Do you need help playing sound on your Apple device (iPhone/iPad) with Spotify? Don’t worry. There are a few causes and fixes.
- Check that volume isn’t muted: Check the source (Headphones, Bluetooth Speakers, Dock Connector Speakers). Ensure both the iOS device and Spotify app have a higher volume.
- Check the audio output: Go to Settings > Music > Volume Limit. Adjust the volume output if needed. Settings > Music > Audio Outputs.
- Check Do Not Disturb mode: Open Control Center and make sure Do Not Disturb isn’t active.
- Force restart: On an iPhone 8 and older: press and hold Power and Home buttons. On an iPhone X and newer: press Volume Up and Down, then keep holding the Power button. For iPad with Home buttons: press Power and Home. For iPad with Face ID: press Volume Up and Down, then keep holding the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
- Reset network settings: Go to “Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings”.
- Check music files: Open the Music tab in Spotify > My Songs section > find the song > scroll right and look for the Store symbol > search its name in iTunes Store. Update the theme metadata inside Spotify and set the equalizer between 1-12 (varies by genre). Delete the song using the highlight feature and press the Trash Bin icon.
Spotify No Sound on Android:
Check your audio output settings if you’re having trouble with Spotify’s sound on your Android device.
- Open up the Settings app and go to “Sound.”
- Ensure the correct output device is selected, e.g. “USB headset” or “Bluetooth headset.”
- Then, make sure the volume levels for both “Media” and “Spotify” are set to complete.
- Still, needing help? Uninstall the Spotify app from Google Play Store.
- Open the audiobook or podcast section, search for “Spotify“, and click Uninstall. Reinstall it, launch Spotify, and check if the sound is working.
If none of that works, try clearing the cache. Or, you may need to reset your phone’s operating system to get Spotify back up and running with sound.
Also Check: Change Spotify Email Address
Spotify No Sound on Sonos:
Spotify No Sound on Sonos can be a real pain. Check connections & make sure the app is installed.
- Go to Settings → Playback Mode and switch Audio Output Device to Internal Speakers or headphones if you have them plugged in.
- Still no luck? Check for updates on the Sonos controller app & update it if needed.
- Unplug & replug the power source for both devices to reset their connections.
- If none of these work, reach out to a professional.
Spotify No Sound on Bose:
If you’re using the Bose smart speaker, is no sound coming from Spotify? Here’s how to fix it.
- Check if it’s compatible with Spotify and connected to your device. Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, your choice.
- If the connection isn’t working, go to Wireless Speaker Settings to establish a new one.
- Also, check if the speakers are turning on correctly. Some devices go into auto-off mode faster than expected, leading to no sound.
- The speakers could be muted or the volume low. Check both device and speaker settings for a quick fix.
- If not, try another streaming source like YouTube Music or Apple Music.
Is Spotify not playing sound? There could be missing or wrong audio settings or outdated drivers. Try the tips in this article to fix the problem. If it still doesn’t work, reset your sound settings. For more help, talk to Spotify’s customer support. They’ll be glad to help.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What should I do if I can’t hear any sound playing on Spotify?
If you can’t hear any sound when playing Spotify, try restarting the Spotify app, restarting your device, and checking that your device’s volume is up. If that doesn’t work, try reinstalling the Spotify app.
What should I do if the Spotify app is not responding?
If the Spotify app is not responding, try restarting the app, restarting your device, and checking that your internet connection is working. If the issue persists, try reinstalling the app.
What should I do if I am having difficulty connecting to my Bluetooth speaker?
If you have difficulty connecting to your Bluetooth speaker, try restarting the Bluetooth connection on both your device and the speaker. If that doesn’t work, try resetting the Bluetooth connection on both your device and the speaker.