Struggling to find the right music or audio that suits your mood? Not sure how to turn off the Shuffle on Spotify? Don’t worry; we have got you covered. In this article, you will learn how to easily turn off the Shuffle on free and premium versions of Spotify – no matter what device you use. So read on and say goodbye to shuffled tunes!
Table of Contents
Why You Might Want to Turn Off Shuffle on Spotify:
If you’re a big fan of music and like to listen to your favorite albums or playlists in the order you choose, it can be quite infuriating when Spotify randomly shuffles your music. Understanding why you may wish to turn off Shuffle on Spotify Free or Premium can help you decide whether this feature is right for you.
Shuffling your music on Spotify can be helpful if you want a new listening experience. If a particular track or album has become too familiar, shuffling the tunes provides an exciting alternative. For example, if you are in an upbeat mood but are unsure which song should come next in the playlist, Shuffle can provide alternative options that match your current frame of mind. You could even use Shuffle to discover new songs from other genres and artists that might have previously been outside your musical radar.
On the other hand, if listening to songs in a particular order is important to you such as when listening to a live set – shuffling them would completely defeat the purpose and be very distracting. Similarly, classics from iconic albums produced with space between tracks may sound better when listened to in sequential order rather than at random moments with unrelated tracks interjected by shuffling. Shuffling may also distract from meaningful lyrics or provocative concepts within an album’s narrative arc.
How to Turn Off Shuffle on Spotify Free And Premium:
Whether you’re enjoying a free trial on Spotify or listening with Spotify Premium, you might be looking for ways to turn off Shuffle. Fortunately, you can take steps to switch the play mode back to regular order.
If you are using the Spotify Free plan the one supported by ads you can easily turn it off from any screen with music playing. To do so:
- Open Spotify and select ‘Your Library.’
- Select the ‘Queue’ tab at the top of this page and click ‘Shuffle OFF’ near the bottom right corner of the page.
- To confirm that Shuffle is now switched off, select either ‘Artists’ or ‘Albums’ from Your Library, and all songs should play in their original order again no more randomization of your music!
If you are a Premium subscriber, things are a little bit different:
- First, click on ‘Home’ at the bottom right of your application’s main menu bar.
- Please select your desired playlist or album by clicking on it once.
- Now select ‘Devices Available’ in the upper-right corner.
- Tap on ‘Off’ next to ‘Shuffle’ near the top of your screen, and repeat these instructions for any other devices available.
- Finally, remember to press OK whenever asked for confirmation that Shuffle is OFF!
Turn shuffle off Spotify iPhone:
Spotify users can listen to their music in either shuffle mode or sequentially. If you want to play the songs you choose in the order of your choice, you will want to turn off Shuffle. The steps for turning off Shuffle on Spotify depend on whether you are using a free or premium account; instructions are provided below.
- Launch the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Select a song or create a new playlist, then click the “shuffle” button directly underneath the song title/playlist title at the top of the screen to deactivate it.
- A gray bar should appear when Shuffle is off and green when Shuffle is on.
- Log into your Spotify Premium account from an iPhone or other mobile device and navigate to any artist, playlist, or album page.
- You should see a “Shuffle Play” option at the top of the page; select it if it is active or select it again if it is already deactivated (which makes for easy double-checking).
- A white bar will appear when Shuffle Play mode is off, and a blue bar when it’s activated gives you more options than just plain old green versus gray on free accounts!
Also Check: How To Fix Spotify Shuffle Not Working
Turn off shuffle spotify android:
If you’re using Spotify on an Android device, you can turn off Shuffle without upgrading to a premium subscription. To do this:
- Open the Spotify app and find the music or artist that you’d like to listen to.
- Select the song, podcast, or artist, and make sure that it is highlighted in blue.
- Hit the green circle at your screen’s bottom right corner.
The shuffle symbol should be highlighted in orange; hit it again so that it turns gray. At this point, shuffle mode will be turned off, and you’ll be able to listen to your songs sequentially instead of randomly shuffled.
Make sure that every time you enter a new playlist or album, you check if the shuffle symbol is turned on – if yes, turn it off again!
Why can’t I turn off Shuffle on Spotify:
Turning off Shuffle can be tricky if you use Spotify’s free or premium service. With a free account, the only way to turn off Shuffle is through your device’s Assistant/Settings app. With a premium account, however, you can turn off Shuffle by going into the Now Playing section of the app and selecting Shuffle Off (for iOS users) or clicking on the ‘Shuffle Play icon (for Android users).
Once in the Now Playing view on Spotify, you can toggle the switch/icon for Shuffle off to prevent it from immediately playing another song when one finishes.
It is important to note that turning off Shuffle within Now Playing only applies until the music session ends unless saved in settings.
To save this change so that it always takes effect, select Settings, Playback Options, and toggle ‘Shuffle’ on and off as needed.
Regardless of what service plan is used, this will turn off the randomization of songs and can help create more organized playlists that are easy to navigate and group related music genres or albums. Resetting back this feature example user desires to play music in a random order just as simply turning back on the same switch/icon previously mentioned.
In conclusion, the steps for turning off Shuffle on Spotify Free and Premium differ. For Free users, turn off Shuffle on the mobile or web app by clicking “Turn Off Shuffle” in “Your Library.”
However, Premium users have more control over their music with features like creating playlists to enable specific repeat patterns and customizing play bar options. It is important to understand these features to optimize your listening experience and enjoy your favorite tracks on your schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I turn off Shuffle on Spotify Free?
- You can turn off Shuffle on Spotify Free by tapping the Shuffle icon at the bottom of the screen when a song is playing. This will turn off Shuffle, and the songs will play in their original order.
How do I turn off Shuffle on Spotify Premium?
- When a song is playing, you can turn off Shuffle on Spotify Premium by tapping the Shuffle icon at the bottom of the screen. This will turn off Shuffle, and the songs will play in their original order.
Is it possible to turn off Shuffle on Spotify Free and Premium?
- Yes, it is possible to turn off Shuffle on both Spotify Free and Premium by tapping the Shuffle icon at the bottom of the screen when a song is playing. This will turn off Shuffle, and the songs will play in their original order.