Why Can’t Move Spotify to SD Card: Spotify is the largest platform for streaming music online with a vast music collection. This digital streaming service not only added songs but also added popular podcasts as well as audiobooks to its platform. Spotify ensures that all types of people can fully enjoy their free or leisure time with its 100 million songs and podcasts. If you have subscribed for Spotify Premium, you can download up to 10,000 songs for offline listening. It also gives you access to music, podcasts, and audiobooks 24/7 with or without the internet.
Many users of Spotify are sceptical of moving downloaded music from Spotify to the SD card. And many users have tried to do so, but they can’t move it successfully. Don’t worry, and we are here to clear your doubt. This post will explain how to transfer music downloaded from Spotify to an SD card and Why Can’t Move Spotify to SD Card
Reasons Why Can’t Move Spotify to SD Card?
The following are the reasons why you can’t move Spotify to SD Card.
- If your device does not have an SD card or does not fit properly, you cannot move Spotify to the SD card.
- It can sometimes happen if you do not update the Spotify application.
- If you do not delete the cache files for a long time, you can’t move music from Spotify to your SD card.
Related: How to Solve Spotify Error code 3?
How To Fix Why Can’t Move Spotify to SD Card?
Fix 1: Make sure your device has an SD Card:
Before moving music from Spotify to SD Card, you need to make sure that your device has an SD Card. Before inserting the SD card in your mobile phone, go to your Spotify app and go to Storage. You will see that there is an SD card option. Even if your mobile phone does not have an SD card, the SD card option is always on Spotify.
And also need to make sure that you have the SD card in the right place before moving things to your SD card. Also, remember that your SD Card must have enough storage capacity to transfer music from Spotify to the SD card, and you must have a minimum of 1 GB free space on your SD Card to save songs downloaded from Spotify.
Fix 2: Delete Cache files from Spotify:
If you still can’t move music from Spotify to SD Card, do the following steps to delete Cache files from Spotify. Errors can sometimes occur if you have too much cache stored in your repository, and Deleting those cache files from your device will help you fix the error quickly.
- Launch the Spotify app on your device and go to Settings.
- Scroll down the settings page to find a clear cache option.
- You can see that option under Storage.
- Click on the ‘ Clear Cache’ option.
- A pop-up window will appear, which will ask for confirmation to clear the cache.
- You need to click on the clear cache again to confirm it.
Fix 3: Update your Spotify app:
If you use the outdated version of Spotify on your Android device, you Can’t Move Spotify to SD Card?. So, you need first to update your Spotify app. To do so, open the Play Store and search for Spotify.
If any update is available for Spotify, you will see the update option. Click on update and wait for a few minutes. Once your Spotify app is updated successfully, relaunch the Spotify app and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
How to move music downloaded from Spotify to SD card?
Before going to the primary matter of why you can’t move Spotify to the SD card, let me explain How to transfer music from Spotify to the SD card. It is a straightforward process that you need to select the SD card option instead of your device storage while you begin to download songs from Spotify. Let’s see the detailed steps.
- Open your Spotify app on your Android device and go to the home page.
- Now, you have to click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the screen on the homepage.
- On Settings, scroll down the screen to locate and click on the ‘Others’ option.
- Select ‘Storage’ to move music from Spotify.
- You will see two options like Device Storage and SD Card. It would help if you chose any opportunities where you would like to store the downloaded music.
- To move music from Spotify, you have to click on the SD Card option.
- Now, come back to the other option and click on the ‘Delete cache and save data’ option.
- Then click ‘OK.‘ Now, all your music downloaded from Spotify will be saved on your SD card.
Finally, you will get an idea about what are the reasons and how to fix Why can’t move Spotify to SD Card issue. We hope you can fix all your bugs related to SD card settings in Spotify with this guide. If you have any more queries related to Spotify, go through all our content to get a proper solution for any issues.
1. Why Can’t I change the storage of Spotify?
Ans: Go to Phone Settings – Apps – Spotify – Click on Clear Data – Restart – Login again – Set quality to Extreme.
2. Can Spotify be Moved to SD Card?
Ans: No, the app can’t be moved to SD card self. If you have more space on the SD card, then you can reinstall it on the SD card.