How to solve Spotify Error Code 3: Spotify is a famous Virtual track streaming service, giving admission to hundreds of thousands of songs, podcasts and videos by artists worldwide. Most Spotify users experience Spotify error code 3 when they log in to Spotify, resulting in the incorrect username or password.
Entering the proper credentials will usually fix this problem. If the problem persists, additional adjustments need to be made. If you have forgotten your Spotify account password, you can reset it. This post will see the complete procedure to solve Spotify Error Code 3. Before going to the solution, let me explain the causes of Spotify Error Code 3.
Related : Collaborative Playlis on Spotify
Table of Contents
Reason OF Spotify Error Code 3:
Spotify Error Code 3 is the type of barrier that Spotify denies you when trying to access your Spotify account. This issue indicates that Spotify cannot accept your username or password, and you will need to retry signing in to your Spotify account. Error code three will appear on your screen if you fail to correctly enter your Spotify username and password.
The primary cause of Spotify error code 3 is that your user ID and password provided to your account by Spotify cannot be verified. So, you will see the error text that your username or password is incorrect and cannot be signed by Spotify.
Related : How To Fix Spotify Offline Problem
There Are Three Common Reason Of Spotify Error Code 3:
- You will encounter Spotify Error Code 3 when you have forgotten the username, email address or password associated with your Spotify account.
- Spotify may have changed its password policy recently. If your password doesn’t meet that policy, Spotify will show that your password has become invalid.
- It shows Spotify error code 3 when Spotify thinks your account has been compromised or someone else is trying to access your budget unnecessarily.
How To Solve Spotify Error Code 3? | 5 Easy Solution:
Solution 1: Reset your Spotify account password:
The first and foremost solution you have to try to solve Spotify Error Code 3 is to reset your password. But once you know that Spotify may change its password policy, it is a good idea to change your password. Following are the steps to reset your Spotify account password.
- Step 1: First, you need to go to the Spotify sign-in page on an internet browser and click ‘Forget your Password’. click on the following link to directly visit the Spotify password change page: www.spotify.com/password-reset.
- Step 2: You need to enter your Spotify username or email address on that page. (If you have forgotten your Spotify username as well, you can try clicking on Forget username on the homepage of the Spotify sign-in website)
- Step 3: After entering your username or email address, click on the ‘Send’ button.
- Step 4: Now, Spotify will send a password changing the link to your registered email address. Once you receive mail, click on that link.
- Step 5: Type a new password for your Spotify account twice as your choice and also make sure that your password will meet the password policy of Spotify.
- Step 6: After entering the password twice, click on ‘Confirm’
Solution 2: Use email and user ID alternately to sign in:
You are trying to gain access to your Spotify account with your username but failed; you can use your email address as an alternative. Doing so may eliminate Spotify error code 3. Similarly, if you have trouble signing in using your email address, try the username instead to solve the Spotify error code 3.
Solution 3: Use only the left part of your email address to sign in to Spotify by email:
If you use the left side of the email address marked against the Spotify account, Spotify error code three may stop appearing. That is, you only need to enter the part of your email address that precedes the @ symbol.
Solution 4: Uninstall VPN on your device
Most people install a VPN application to use a restricted program or visit blocked web pages in their region. In some cases, malfunctioning the settings of the VPN processor can lead to irrational behaviour of other applications. If this is the case, you need to uninstall the VPN app from your device to solve the Spotify Error Code 3.
Solution 5: Log in to Spotify using your Facebook account
When you sign up for Spotify using your Facebook account, Spotify automatically assigns long numbers as your username. With this, you can bypass the Spotify error code three problems. To do so, follow the below-given steps
- Login to your Facebook profile and go to the Settings page.
- Now, select security >> app password >> Generate Password.
- Enter your Facebook account password and then click on Submit.
- Select Spotify as the application for which you want to generate the password
- That’s it. Facebook will now automatically generate a password for your Spotify account.
Spotify Error Code 3 is a prevalent and somewhat annoying issue for music lovers who want to experience this in the music streaming platform. But the relief is that this problem will disappear in a moment with the simple tricks we have mentioned above.