There is no disk in the drive on Spotify : Nowadays, millions of people use Spotify to enjoy unlimited music on Android devices, iOS devices, Desktop, or web players. Many users of Spotify face the issue that “There is no disk in the drive on Spotify”. Some people keep their disk hundred percentages occupied while Spotify is running.
If you meet the same problem on your Spotify app or Spotify account, you can solve this issue using some tricks. In this post, you can find some solutions to fix there is no disk in the drive on Spotify. The answers given in this post will help you rectify the issues you are facing on Spotify.
Also Check : How To Export Spotify Playlist New
Table of Contents
Solution 1: Uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app :
One of the reasons for the issue there is no disk in the drive on Spotify you are facing is that your Spotify app may be outdated. So, you have to delete that app from your device and then reinstall the latest version of Spotify. This might help you to quickly solve the issue that there is no disk in the drive on Spotify. Let’s see how to Uninstall And Reinstall the Spotify app from various devices.
Uninstall And Reinstall Spotify From Android Phone:
Go Settings >> Applications >> Spotify. And then click on ‘Uninstall’ or Delete to remove the Spotify app from your device. Once it was deleted successfully, you install the Spotify app again on your Android device by visiting Google Play Store.
Uninstall And Reinstall Spotify From iPhone or iPad:
- Press and hold the Spotify app icon on the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad. You have to keep the Spotify app icon until it shakes.
- You need to tap the X symbol on it to delete the Spotify app.
- Once it was deleted from your iPhone, you can go to the App Store and install the latest version of the Spotify app again.
Uninstall And Reinstall Spotify on your Windows PC:
- First, you need to go to Control Panel on your Windows PC to delete the Spotify app from your system.
- On the Control Panel, click on the ‘Programs and features’ option from the list of menus.
- Scroll down the page and locate the Spotify option. Once you find that option, you need to right-click on it.
- Then click on ‘Uninstall’ to delete from your computer and then install the latest version of Spotify on your computer.
Uninstall And Reinstall Spotify on Mac OS:
- Click on Spotify on the menu bar and choose ‘Quit Spotify.‘
- Open Finder and click Go> Library in the menu bar.
- Go to Caches and locate com.Spotify.client folder. Once you find that folder, delete it and click on the back arrow.
- Go to the application support and Spotify folder to delete that folder.
- Once Spotify is deleted or uninstalled from your Mac device, you can reinstall it again.
Once you delete and reinstall Spotify on your device, you have to check whether the issue there is no disk in the drive will be rectified or not.
Also Check : How To Delete Spotify Account
Solution 2: Change the location of Cache files:
Spotify creates a cache file on your device whenever it plays a song for you. These caches will be activated when you open the Spotify app, which may be why ‘there is no disk in the drive on Spotify issue. You cannot stop downloading the Spotify cache, but you can change the location of the cache files to other disk drives so as not to affect the speed of your computer. Below are the default locations where Spotify saves the cache files.
- Default Location on Windows:
- Default Location on Mac:
- Default Location on Linux:
To change the default location to store cache files, go to Spotify app’s Settings >> offline Song Storage >> Change Cache Location.
Also Check : Check Who Liked Your Playlist On Spotify
Solution 3: Unable local files option:
If you have enabled the local files option on Spotify, the files will occupy the disk, so you will get there is no disk in the drive on Spotify issue. So, you have to turn OFF the local files option. Below are the steps to turn off the local files option.
- Open the Spotify app and go to the Settings option.
- Scroll down the screen to locate the Local Files option.
- Toggle the slide bar to turn off the local files option.
Solution 4: Disconnect Spotify from other social media platforms:
If you link Spotify to your social media account like Facebook, it will track your listening activity and post it on your social media. It would help if you disconnected them to avoid the issue that ‘There is no disk in the drive on Spotify.’
So, these are the solution to solve the ‘There is no disk in the drive on Spotify’ issue. I hope any given solution will solve the problem you face on Spotify.