Do you need help with Spotify search? You’re not alone! Many users have faced this issue. Don’t worry, though. We’ll help you get it working again quickly. This article will show you how to fix your Spotify search. No time wasted!
Table of Contents
What causes the Spotify app search to stop working:
Spotify search can be a blessing, but it can also be temperamental. Users may sometimes need help searching for artists, albums, or tracks. These issues can range from brief pauses to a complete inability to search.
To solve this problem, you must understand what could be causing it. Possible causes for search issues include:
- Internet connection: Low signals on WiFi or cellular connection may affect streaming or searching.
- App updates: Make sure the Spotify app is up-to-date.
- Firewall settings and parental controls may prevent certain content from appearing in search results, e.g., explicit music.
How to Fix Spotify Search Not Working:
Spotify search not working is a widespread problem many users have faced. Luckily, there are some simple steps to fix it.
- Check your internet connection.
- Restart the Spotify app.
- Check for updates.
- Clear your search history.
- Try using different keywords.
- Check your privacy settings.
- Try using the web player.
- Contact Spotify support.
Also, Check: Loop Songs On Spotify
Check your internet connection:
If using Spotify’s search is difficult, check your Internet connection. Ensure your router and modem are working, and your Internet service isn’t down. Also, ensure you’re not using a public network
- These networks usually limit access to services and features because of their closed networks and limited bandwidth.
- Restart your device or computer.
- This could help clear out data in memory or settings caches that might cause the app to fail.
- After restarting, try searching again.
Also, update your device’s operating system. This way, you have the newest version of Spotify. Updating is important if you’re running an old iOS/Android version, as this version may not be compatible with newer Spotify app updates. Check for updates for the Spotify app in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store before searching again.
Also Check: Stop Spotify From Opening Safari
Restart the Spotify app:
Need help with a search on Spotify? Start with restarting the app! Close it and open it again. Or, use your device’s Task Manager to end processes related to Spotify. This will force an internal restart, which may help with the issue. Clearing memory can also be helpful, especially after adding many songs and playlists.
Check for updates:
When your Spotify search is not working, the first thing to check is whether the app needs an update. The latest versions often have bug fixes and stability improvements that could fix your issue. Depending on if you are using a desktop or mobile, the steps are different:
- Open the Spotify app
- Click “Help” at the top
- Choose “Check for Updates”
- Follow directions to update
- Go to https://www.spotify.com/download/
- Select “iOS App Store” or “Google Play.”
- Tap or click “Get” to install the latest version
If updating doesn’t help, more troubleshooting is available.
Clear your search history:
Do you love music and podcasts? Spotify’s got you! Search up any artist, podcast, or genre. But sometimes, a broken cache or data can happen, and your search will work differently than expected. Try clearing your search history from the app’s Settings menu to fix this.
Doing this can help Spotify show you more up-to-date results. Open the app, click Settings, and select “Clear Search History.” After you’ve done that, your searches should be more up-to-date, and any issues should be resolved.
Try using different keywords:
If you’re still looking for what you’re looking for on Spotify, there are a few things to try.
- Start by searching with more general keywords than those you used previously. For example, if you searched for “Metallica ride the lightning album,” try “Metallica” or “Metallica album.”
- Some words may not be recognized by Spotify’s global search index, so that you might get no results.
- To avoid this, use quotation marks around two or more words. For example, instead of “The Killers Hot Fuss,” search “The Killers’ Hot Fuss.’
Check your privacy settings:
- Is Spotify search not working? Check your privacy settings! By default, these searches are “public.” Change the setting to “private” on the settings page of your profile.
- Click save, and only those you choose to share with can view your searches.
- Remember to check other devices connected to your account too.
- Someone with access to your device may have the same problem.
- Adjust their privacy settings so shared experiences are kept in check.
Try using the web player:
You can use the web player if your Spotify app fails. Here’s how:
- Open open.spotify.com on a web browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge is recommended).
- Login with your details, if necessary.
- Search for music using the top search bar, or browse suggested playlists from the home screen.
- Click on a track or album you want to listen to, then hit the green “Play” button at the bottom right of the page.
- Enjoy music with up to 320 Kbps sound quality. You can also access exclusive features like local file uploads and advanced audio settings like bass boost and equalizer preset.
Contact Spotify support:
- Do your Spotify searches need to be fixed? Reach out to customer support. You can do this through the website or app or by calling.
- Provide details about the search query that isn’t working and any error messages. This will help Spotify investigate and resolve the issue quickly.
- Customer support can also review any recent changes you made, like a new operating system. That way, they can get to the root of the problem. Plus, they’ll advise on how to stop it from happening again.
In conclusion, if you’re facing problems searching for songs on Spotify, take a few steps to try and fix it. Check that your internet connection is proper. Reset it or switch networks if needed. Ensure your Spotify app is up-to-date. Check for ad blockers running in the background, if any. Lastly, reach out to Spotify’s customer support if all else fails.
Why is Spotify Search not working?
- There can be several reasons why Spotify Search is not working. It could be due to a poor internet connection, an issue with your device, or a bug in the app.
How can I fix Spotify Search not working?
- You can restart your device, reinstall the app, check your internet connection, or update the app. If the issue persists, you can contact Spotify support for further assistance.
How do I contact Spotify support?
- You can contact Spotify support by visiting their website and submitting a support ticket. You can also contact their customer service team via their social media channels.