Hi, friends welcome to my blog Having trouble with your Spotify app not showing up on the lock screen? You’re not alone! It’s annoying, but let’s figure out why this is happening.
It could be because the app has been running in the background for too long, or because Spotify has pushed an update. There may also be compatibility issues between your device and/or mobile operating system. Older devices may not be able to fully run newer updates, leading to lock-screen issues. Battery-saving settings on your device can also interfere with radio access from your lock screen, as they usually turn off apps when they are not in use.
Table of Contents
What Causes Spotify Not to Show on Lock Screen:
Is spotify not showing on the lock screen? Could be several reasons. Poor connection, outdated or corrupted app, device incompatibility. Also, settings can restrict the app from displaying. Don’t worry, troubleshooting steps can help.
Network connection? Turn off Wi-Fi, and check if the app works better with mobile data. App version? Should be updated regularly. Android/iOS, respective stores often push automatic updates. Technical issue? Could be hardware incompatibility; insufficient RAM, or lack of GPS in the older model.
Settings might be restricting Spotify. Enable notifications, disable battery optimization, and allow location access. Be aware of third-party programs like antivirus, which might detect malicious activity.
Also Check: Spotify Error Connecting To Psn
How to Fix Spotify Not Showing on Lock Screen:
Having trouble getting Spotify on your lock screen? Try these tips!
- Clear the Spotify app cache and data. Go to Settings, Apps & notifications, Apps/Application Manager > Spotify > Storage. Select “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”.
- Do this for Google Play Service and Play Store too.
- Make sure your device is up-to-date with the latest Android or iOS version. Check if there are any Spotify updates in the respective app store.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone. Log back in.
- This should fix any issues with the application.
- If none of this helps, contact customer service or check their official forum boards for similar issues.
How to Display Spotify on Lock Screen Android/iPhone:
For Android & iPhone, Spotify may not show on the lock screen by default. Here’s how to fix it:
How to Display Spotify on Lock Screen Android:
- Open the Spotify app.
- Tap Your Library.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down & select Notifications.
- Switch Show Notification on the lock screen to ON
- Tap Done
- Tap Playback
- Lock the device & now you should see Spotify content!
How to Display Spotify on Lock Screen iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll to select ‘Spotify’ from the apps & tap
- Tap ‘Allow Notifications’ to switch to ON
- Choose data permission for Notification Previews, Sound & Badge
- Lock the phone & check the new settings.
How to Control Spotify on Lock Screen Samsung:
Having Spotify on your lock screen can make it easier to access music while you’re out. But if Spotify won’t show up on your Samsung device, don’t worry! Here are some things you can try:
Close the Spotify app and restart your device. When it turns on again, check that “Show notifications” is enabled in Settings > Notifications > App notifications > Spotify.
Also, make sure that “Show music information when the phone is locked” is enabled in Music player settings (Settings > Lock screen and Security > Secure lock settings).
If these options are enabled and Spotify still isn’t showing up, check that the Do not disturb mode is off. Certain themes can affect notifications too; uninstall any recently-installed themes, or go back to the stock theme if you have one.
If none of this helps, try a factory reset. Or contact Samsung support for more help.
So, to sum it up, if Spotify won’t show up on your lock screen, there are some easy things you can try. Firstly, double-check that Spotify is actually running and not just in the background. If that doesn’t help, restart your device or reinstall the app. If none of these work, get in touch with a customer service rep for more help.
What do I do if Spotify isn’t showing up on my lock screen?
- Check your phone’s settings to make sure that the “Show on Lock Screen” option is enabled for Spotify. If it is and the issue persists, try restarting your phone or reinstalling the Spotify app.
How do I enable Spotify to show on my lock screen?
- To enable the “Show on Lock Screen” option, open the Spotify app and go to Settings -> Notifications. Make sure that the “Show on Lock Screen” option is enabled.
Does Spotify show on the lock screen by default?
- No, you have to enable the “Show on Lock Screen” option in the Spotify app’s settings. Once enabled, Spotify should appear on your lock screen.