If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably asked yourself: “Can you remove followers on Spotify?” Well, the answer is yes… and no. Here’s the deal
Table of Contents
Why you might want to remove followers on Spotify:
Removing someone as a follower on Spotify can be a good idea for a couple of reasons. Maybe you want to make your account more private, or maybe you’re trying to get rid of any unwanted attention. Spotify also makes it easy to block someone entirely, which prevents them from following you, viewing your profile, or listening to your playlists.
If you’re just trying to make your account more private, removing followers is a good way to do it. Spotify doesn’t have an option to make your account completely private, but removing followers will hide your profile from anyone who isn’t already following you. And if someone is bugging you or leaving inappropriate comments on your playlists, blocking them will stop that from happening.
If you decide that you want to remove someone as a follower on Spotify, it’s easy to do.
- Just go to their profile and click the three dots next to their name.
- From there, you can select “Remove From Followers” and they will be removed from your list of followers immediately.
Also Check : Find When Does My Spotify Premium Expired
How to remove followers on Spotify:
You can’t remove followers on Spotify. Once someone follows you, they’ll stay on your list until they choose to unfollow you. You can, however, make your profile private so that only people who know your username can find and follow you.
Here’s how to make your profile private:
- Open the Spotify app and log in.
- Tap the Home tab , then tap Settings .
- Under Profile, tap Private Profile.
- Toggle Private Profile on .
- Your profile is now private.
Benefits of removing followers on Spotify:
- There are a few benefits to removing followers on Spotify.
- First, it can help you to get more accurate data about your listening habits.
- If you have a lot of followers, Spotify may give more weight to their listening habits when determining what songs to recommend to you.
- Second, removing followers can help you to keep your listening habits more private. If you don’t want your friends or family to know what types of music you’re into, removing followers can help.
- Finally, removing followers can also help you to clean up your follower list and make it more manageable.
Also Check : How To Switch From Spotify Premium To Student
Drawbacks of removing followers on Spotify:
While there are some benefits to removing followers on Spotify, there are also some drawbacks that you should be aware of before you take this step.
- One of the biggest drawbacks is that it will make it more difficult for people to find your music.
- If you have a small following, this may not be a big deal, but if you have a large following, it could have a significant impact on your reach.
- In addition, removing followers can also give the impression that you are not interested in interacting with your fans, which could damage your reputation.
How do I block followers on Spotify mobile?
If you’re using the Spotify app on your mobile device, you can block followers by accessing your privacy settings. To do this:
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Blocked Users.
- Type in the name of the person you want to block and tap Block when it appears below their name.
Can I Make Spotify Private:
If you want to make your Spotify account private, you can do so by following these steps:
- Log into your Spotify account.
- Click on the “Account” tab in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Under “Profile Settings,” click on “Privacy.”
- Scroll down to “Social Profiles” and click on the switch next to “Private Profile.”
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page
At the end of the day, it’s up to you whether or not you want to keep someone as a follower on Spotify. If they’re constantly bombarding your feed with songs you don’t like, it might be worth considering unfollowing them. However, if they’re just a casual follower who doesn’t post often, there’s no harm in keeping them around.
- Unfortunately, you cannot remove a follower or block someone on Spotify. You can, however, make your profile as private as possible so you shouldn’t get any unwarranted followers.
- No. Once you have made a playlist private on the mobile app, your friends cannot see it. However, if you have only hidden it from your profile on the desktop app, they can. To circumvent this, turn on Private Session to stop them from seeing.