Are you looking for a way to stay connected with your favorite music anytime, anywhere? Spotify, the world’s most popular streaming music service, now offers Apple Watch compatibility. You can now enjoy your music no matter where you go!
This article explains how to use the Spotify app on your Apple Watch for ultimate convenience and ease.
Table of Contents
Connecting your Spotify account to your Apple Watch:
Connecting your Spotify account to your Apple Watch makes it easy to listen to your favorite music and podcasts using your watch. You will need a compatible device running the latest version of Apple Watch OS to do this.
- First, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select ‘My Watch.’ Under ‘Available Apps,’ find Spotify and select it.
- You’ll be prompted to log in with your Spotify credentials if you still need to.
- Once logged in, turn on Cellular data or Wi-Fi depending on how you want to play music through your watch.
- Next, go back to the ‘My Watch’ menu and scroll down until you see a list of apps synced with the watch. Ensure that both ‘Data Sources’ and ‘Clock Sync’ is enabled for the Spotify App for better playback performance and a faster streaming of songs on your wrist.
- Once connected, you’ll be able to access all of Spotify’s features directly from your wrist, like adding songs from Discover Weekly & Release Radar or setting up a queue for easy playback control.
- You can quickly scroll through all available content such as albums, playlists, or songs, using touch screen control or Digital Crown navigation.
- With this link in place, controlling what you hear (and don’t hear) just got easier.
Also Check: How Do I Find My Spotify URI
How to use Spotify on your Apple Watch:
Using Spotify on an Apple Watch is incredibly convenient. You can quickly enjoy your favorite music and playlists from your wrist with a few simple steps.
Here’s how to get started:
- Set up the Spotify app on your Apple Watch: Firstly, ensure you have the latest version of iOS (13.0 and up). Once this is done, go to the App Store, search for ‘Spotify’ and then download it onto your Apple Watch.
- Log in to Spotify: To use Spotify on your watch, you need to log in with your details by opening the watch app, tapping ‘log in,’ and entering your user name or e-mail address.
- Access music options: On the main page of Spotify, there are various music playback options such as Monthly Mixes, Radio, or My Music which provide a range of accessibilities. You can choose either of these menus from their ready-made playlists or create one tailored by yourself by searching for specific tracks.
- Connect headphones/earbuds: To ensure good sound quality, it’s important to remember that when using Bluetooth earbuds/headphones with an iPhone, they must be connected through the phone rather than directly to the watch, as this would not work due to incompatibility issues between both devices.
- Control Volume/pause songs: Lastly, for complete control over what’s playing from your device, you can pause songs, adjust volume levels, and access playback features through swipes on the screen from the left and right side actions panel.
Also Check: Spotify Voice Commands
Can you play Spotify on Apple Watch without iPhone offline:
The Apple Watch offers an impressive range of features and capabilities, from tracking fitness data and personal health information to allowing you to access apps such as Spotify. In general, however, streaming music on the watch is best made with an iPhone nearby; downloading Spotify playlists onto the watch requires your iPhone to be nearby so the app can access your device’s Internet connection.
- That said, playing Spotify on Apple Watch without your iPhone is possible.
- To do this, you must ensure that the playlist in question is downloaded onto the watch via a computer or other device with Internet access and synced manually.
- This will enable you to listen to Spotify offline while leaving your phone at home – ideal if you’re going for a jog or heading out for a swim.
- In addition, there are several third-party apps available that enable Apple Watch users to stream music without their iPhones present.
- All of these music streaming services require Wi-Fi connections, which means that if you want to stream music outside of places with Wi-Fi access, then using a downloaded Spotify playlist will likely be your best option.
Controlling playback on your Apple Watch:
You can use your Apple Watch to control the playback of Spotify, including playing, skipping, and navigating around Spotify music. Here are a few ways you can do this from your Apple Watch:
- Play/Pause: To play or pause a track on Spotify from your Apple Watch, open the Now Playing screen by tapping twice on your watch’s display. You can tap the Play/Pause icon in the center of the display to control playback.
- Skip Track: If you want to skip forward or backward between tracks in Spotify while using your Apple Watch, open up Now Playing by tapping twice on its display. Then press and hold down on the Skip button (the icon with two arrows pointing left and right) until you reach your desired track.
- Swipe Navigation: Finally, if you want to skip between albums using swipe navigation while using Spotify on your Apple Watch, then swipe left or right with one finger across Now Playing. This allows you to quickly jump through whole playlists without manually searching for each song.
Also Check: How To Use Spotify Equalizer On PC Windows 10
Benefits of using Spotify on your Apple Watch:
Whether you’re out for a run or heading to the gym, using Spotify on your Apple Watch makes it easier to stay motivated. You’ll have instant access to all your favorite tunes, no matter how much punishment your workouts dish out. With all this music at your fingertips, you can create the perfect soundtrack for any activity.
Using Spotify on an Apple Watch brings a host of benefits.
- Firstly, it’s convenient pausing, skipping, and changing songs are as simple as turning your wrist. You won’t need to fumble around with a phone or other device while trying to work out.
- Secondly, the built-in speaker is loud enough to listen to without wearing headphones. This is especially useful when exercising outdoors and running errands when you want to avoid bulky headphones getting in the way.
- Finally, streaming high-quality music and playlists directly from Spotify keeps workouts more exciting!
Spotify on Apple Watch is not working:
If you are having problems using Spotify on your Apple Watch, several potential solutions may help.
- Firstly, try force quitting and restarting the Spotify app on both the iPhone and the Apple Watch.
- Force quitting an app helps to ensure that all resources, including RAM (Random Access Memory) and caches, are cleared, promoting new beginnings for all apps.
- To do this, double-click the Home button for iPhones with Touch ID or swipe up from the bottom to the top of your screen for iPhones with Face ID to access the App Switcher.
- Find Spotify in this switcher list, swipe up, or tap the minus sign (-) to close it. Restart your device(s) afterward, and then see if Spotify is working on Apple Watch correctly now or not.
- If not, try deleting Spotify from both devices and then reinstalling it.
- Sometimes a software update or bug can prevent Spotify from working properly between two linked devices. To delete an app on iPhone:
- long press until jiggling mode appears
- tap x sign
- long press (Apple watch screen)
- Tap X sign
- Delete App Confirmation
- Delete App
And then, follow the steps mentioned above to force the quit & restart the process again after reinstalling these apps. If all else fails, contact Apple Support directly, as they will be able to investigate further any potential issues you might be having with connecting your watch to other services, such as Spotify.
In conclusion, using Spotify on an Apple Watch allows users to quickly and easily access their music when away from a phone or computer. The Spotify app for Apple Watch provides a few essential functions for controlling playback and navigation, such as play/pause, scrubbing the timeline, and selecting a new song. Users can also search the catalog from their wrist to quickly find songs. If a user has an Apple Music subscription, they will find the streaming experience more seamless than other services.
Lastly, users may also want to take advantage of Spotify’s Running mode, which will curate songs based on tempo when running and provide audio feedback about progress. With its simplified interface, Spotify on the Apple Watch makes it easy to stay connected to your music while on the go.