Spotify Can’t Play this Right Now (Windows 10/11): Spotify is one of the best ways to listen to music online, but there are certain things that you need to keep in mind if you want to listen to music for free. Spotify is a cloud-based audio streaming service with millions of songs that you can hear. The incredible thing about this is that it doesn’t have any ads, and you can easily listen to your favorite songs anytime, anywhere.
Have you ever encountered this situation when your Spotify app or website shows “Spotify Can’t Play this Right Now” I have come across such an experience in my life, but I don’t think I have tried so many things to get rid of this error? I will not share any other solutions as I believe that many people face this problem, and they have already tried all the answers, and it doesn’t work for them. But, I will suggest some practical ways to fix this problem which will surely help you out.
Also Read: Why Does My Spotify Keeps Stopping
6 Methods To Fix “Spotify Can’t Play this Right Now” Updated (Windows 10/11) :
- Spotify Support page.
- Change Your Spotify Region.
- Uninstall And Re-install Spotify.
- Update Spotify device.
- Change hardware acceleration setting in Spotify.
- Transparent local cache files save in local drives.
Go to the Spotify Support page:
The first thing that comes to mind is to go to the Spotify support page, but you will not get any solution on their website. They will ask you to follow specific steps like updating your device or trying another app unrelated to Spotify.
Change Your Spotify Region:
First of all, you need to go to the Settings of your Spotify app or website and try to change your region. If you are from Europe and if you are from India, then you may have to change it to US or UK.
Uninstall Spotify and re-install Spotify:
Sometimes you don’t even have to uninstall your Spotify app. If it’s an old version of Spotify, it will automatically delete itself after some time. But, if you have the latest version of Spotify, you can uninstall the app and re-install it to get rid of this error.
Update Your Spotify Device:
Spotify is a music streaming app, so you need to update the operating system of your device or smartphone. You can update your device by following these simple steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Open Settings on your phone and tap on Apps.
- Select Spotify and open it.
- Tap on Check for Updates.
- Now you will get an update for your Spotify app, and you will be able to play any song on Spotify.
Change hardware acceleration setting in Spotify:
- Click on the ‘Preferences’ option from the pull-down menu coming out from ‘Edit’ in the menu bar.
- Click on the ‘Show Advanced Settings’ button at the bottom of the next window.
- In addition, scroll down to the bottom of the window and toggle off the ‘enable hardware acceleration option’.
- Restart the app; now, you can play your song uninterruptedly.
Clear local cache files save in local drives Spotify:
When your computer shows an error message about not accessing the local file, you can clear the cache files. The steps are as below:
- Open the file explorer on your computer and paste the location of the offline song storage file you copied.
- Open the file explorer and then click on the ‘AppData’ folder. You can now see the folder that you want to access.
- Please choose all the files available in the folder and delete them.
- Restart the Spotify app and play the song.
If you face the “Spotify can’t play this right now” error while streaming, you need to follow the tips mentioned above. I hope you will quickly solve this error using the above information and enjoy your favorite pieces of music on Spotify. If you have any more doubts regarding Spotify, please ask us in the comment section. Thank you!