How to Turn Off Spotify Car Thing: Spotify and several other companies are reportedly working on a new project that would allow drivers to control certain car functions using voice commands. The service is similar to Amazon’s Echo, which will enable users to control various devices in their homes using voice commands. It’s not clear yet what functions will be available through the Spotify car service, but users will likely be able to control things like the radio, air conditioning, and windows.
If you like music, you use Spotify in your car to keep yourself entertained on long drives. However, sometimes you may not want the app playing, for instance, when using GPS navigation. This guide will show you how to turn off the Spotify car thing so that it doesn’t play automatically when your car starts up.
Table of Contents
About Spotify Car Thing:
Spotify has announced a new feature that will allow users to control the playback of the music streaming service from their car’s dashboard. The new “Spotify Car Thing“ will be available in the coming weeks as an app for select cars with built-in Android Auto or Apple CarPlay support.
The app will allow users to manage their playlists, search for songs, and control playback from their car’s dashboard. The new feature, which is currently in beta testing, will be available to drivers in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. It will allow drivers to control playback, skip tracks, and change playlists using voice commands.
How To Turn Off Spotify Car Thing: (Android/MAC)
Do you want to turn off spotify the car thing automatic playback in your car, then follow the below steps,
- Open the Spotify app on your phone.
- Tap the menu bar in the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Tap CarPlay under Devices.
- Toggle off Automatic Playback.
- Exit out of Settings, and you’re done!
How do I re-enable Automatic Playback?
Did you Turn off the Spotify car thing? If you’re having trouble getting your Spotify Car thing to start playing music automatically, don’t worry, you’re not alone. A lot of people seem to be struggling with this issue. Here are a few things you can try:
- First, make sure that your Spotify account is connected to the car thing.
- To do this, open up the Spotify app on your phone and go to Settings > Devices.
- You’ll see the car thing listed under “Available devices.”
- If your account is connected and the car thing isn’t working, try restarting both the car thing and your phone.
- Finally, if all else fails, you can try deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app.
- The Spotify car thing is a great way to enjoy your music while driving.
- It provides an easy and convenient way to control your music while on the go.
- You can access all of your favorite songs and playlists with just a few clicks.
- The Spotify car is perfect for long drives or road trips.
- It makes listening to music a more enjoyable experience.
Since the Spotify Car Thing release, there have been several disadvantages reported by users.
- One major issue is that the device does not work with all vehicles.
- In addition, some users have complained about the sound quality and functionality of the Car Thing.
- Another disadvantage is that it can be expensive to purchase and install.
- Finally, some people have raised privacy concerns about the Spotify Thing. Specifically, the device may collect data about users’ listening habits and share it with third-party companies.
Now you know how to turn off the Spotify car thing so that it doesn’t automatically start playing when your car starts up. This can be helpful if you want to conserve battery life or don’t want to listen to music for a while. If you have any queries regarding the Spotify, don’t hesitate to ask.
Q1: Why would I want to turn off Spotify car thing?
Ans: There are a few reasons you might want to disable the Spotify car thing. It can use up a lot of battery life if your phone is constantly playing music. Additionally, if you’re using GPS navigation or another app that takes up the screen, you may not want Spotify playing in the background.
Q2: How do I re-enable Automatic Playback?
Ans: To re-enable Automatic Playback, follow the same steps above but toggle on the switch instead of off.