Spotify Keeps Pausing on iPhone: Are you tired of your Spotify Keeps pausing on iPhone? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. This article will show you seven simple ways to fix this annoying issue. From clearing the cache and updating the app to adjusting audio settings, we’ve got all the solutions you need. So, grab your phone and get ready to enjoy uninterrupted music streaming on Spotify once again.
Table of Contents
Why Spotify Keeps Pausing on iPhone?
Spotify may pause on your iPhone due to issues such as a weak internet connection, background app refresh settings, outdated app, low storage space, battery saver mode, or corrupted cache. Troubleshoot by checking these factors, updating the app, ensuring a stable connection, and clearing the cache. If the problem persists, consider reinstalling the app or contacting Spotify’s support.
7 Ways to Fix Spotify Keeps Pausing on iPhone?
If the Spotify app keeps pausing on your iPhone, then you should need to take the essential steps. Here, I listed the best 7 ways to fix Spotify Keeps Pausing on iPhone below,
- Clear Cache and Data
- Update Spotify App
- Disable Battery Saving Mode
- Check for App Permissions
- Adjust Audio Settings
- Disable Crossfade
- Reinstall Spotify App
Also Read: How to Use Spotify Equalizer on iPhone?
Clear Cache and Data:
You should clear the cache and data to fix the issue of Spotify pausing on your iPhone. It is a simple and effective solution that can help resolve any underlying issues causing the frequent interruptions. Clearing the cache and data will remove any temporary files or corrupted data that might be causing the problem.
- To do this, go to the Settings app on your iPhone and scroll down to find the Spotify app.
- Tap on it and then select the option to clear cache and data.
- This process may take a few moments, but once it’s done, relaunch Spotify and see if the pausing issue persists.
- Clearing the cache and data can refresh the app and eliminate any glitches that may be causing the problem.
Update Spotify App:
To ensure that your Spotify app is functioning correctly, you should check for updates and install them as necessary. Updating the app not only brings new features and improvements but it also fixes any bugs or glitches that may be causing the app to pause unexpectedly. To update Spotify on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the ‘Available Updates’ section.
- If there’s an update available for Spotify, you’ll see it listed here.
- Tap on the ‘Update’ button next to Spotify to begin the update process.
Disable Battery Saving Mode:
To resolve the issue of Spotify pausing on your iPhone, you need to turn off battery saving mode. When battery saving mode is enabled, it restricts certain functions of your device to conserve power. It can cause interruptions in the playback of Spotify and result in frequent pauses.
- To turn off battery saving mode, go to your iPhone’s Settings, then tap on Battery.
- From there, you’ll see the option to turn off battery-saving mode.
- Once you have turned it off, relaunch the Spotify app and check if the pausing issue persists.
Check for App Permissions:
Have you checked if Spotify has the necessary app permissions on your iPhone? It’s essential to ensure that Spotify has the required permissions to function correctly on your device. To do this,
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and scroll down until you find Spotify.
- Tap on it, and you’ll see a list of permissions that Spotify has access to.
- Make sure that all the necessary permissions, such as access to your music library and cellular data, are enabled.
- If any permissions are disabled, toggle them on.
- It should resolve any issues with Spotify pausing on your iPhone.
Also Read: How To Add People on Spotify?
Adjust Audio Settings:
Make sure you adjust the audio settings on your iPhone to prevent Spotify from pausing. Your iPhone has various audio settings that can affect the playback of Spotify.
- Firstly, check the volume level on your device. If it’s too low or muted, Spotify may pause automatically.
- Adjust the volume to an appropriate level before playing any music.
- Additionally, make sure the Do Not Disturb mode is turned off.
- When enabled, this mode can interrupt Spotify playback and cause it to pause.
- You can find the Do Not Disturb option in the Control Center or the Settings app.
- Lastly, check if the EQ (equalizer) settings are affecting Spotify.
- Some EQ presets or custom settings may interfere with the playback.
- Turn off any EQ settings or switch to a different preset to see if it resolves the pausing issue.
Turn off the crossfade to prevent Spotify from pausing on your iPhone. Crossfade is a feature in Spotify that fades out the ending of one song and fades at the beginning of the next song, creating a seamless transition. While this feature can enhance your listening experience, it can also cause Spotify to pause unexpectedly. To turn off crossfade:
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone and go to the settings menu.
- Scroll down to the ‘Playback’ section and tap on ‘Crossfade.’
- Toggle the switch to the off position.
Reinstall Spotify App:
If you’re experiencing frequent pausing issues with Spotify on your iPhone, one solution you can try is to reinstall the Spotify app. Reinstalling the app can help resolve any software glitches or conflicts that may be causing the pausing problem.
- To reinstall Spotify, start by deleting the app from your iPhone.
- Press and hold the Spotify app icon until it starts shaking, then tap the ‘X’ button to delete it.
- Next, go to the App Store and search for Spotify.
- Tap the ‘Get’ button to download and install the app again.
- Once the installation is complete, open Spotify and log in to your account.
- This fresh installation should help eliminate any issues that were causing Spotify to keep pausing on your iPhone.
In Conclusion, if you’re experiencing issues with Spotify pausing on your iPhone, there are several steps you can take to fix it. Clear the cache and data, update the app, turn off battery saving mode, check app permissions, adjust audio settings, turn off crossfade, and if all else fails, reinstall the Spotify app. By following these troubleshooting methods, you should be able to enjoy uninterrupted music streaming on your iPhone once again.
1. Why Does Spotify Keep Pausing on My iPhone?
- Spotify keeps pausing on your iPhone due to various reasons, such as a weak internet connection, insufficient storage space, or a bug in the app.
2. How Can I Fix the Issue of Spotify Pausing on My iPhone While Using Other Apps?
- To fix Spotify pausing on your iPhone while using other apps, try these solutions, Clear app cache, Update Spotify, Disable battery optimization, Restart your iPhone, Reinstall Spotify.
3. Is There a Way to Prevent Spotify From Pausing When My iPhone Locks?
- To prevent Spotify from pausing when your iPhone locks, Go to Settings, Tap on Display & Brightness, Select Auto-Lock, Choose a more extended time duration or select ‘Never’ to keep your phone unlocked while using Spotify.
4. Can I Adjust the Streaming Quality on Spotify to Prevent It From Pausing Frequently?
- Yes, you can adjust the streaming quality on Spotify to prevent frequent pausing. Lower streaming quality consumes less data and may help improve the stability of your connection, reducing pauses.
5. Are specific settings on your iPhone causing Spotify to pause?
- Yes, there could be. Check your screen timeout, battery optimization, and background app refresh settings to ensure they aren’t interfering with Spotify’s playback.